It has been awhile since I’ve revealed some tidbits about myself and thought we’d lighten things up a bit on this beautiful Friday with 10 quick facts about me.
Let’s quickly go down the list together, shall we?
• I must declare that it is a BOURBON old fashioned and not a brandy old fashioned that is apparently common in Wisconsin. My favorite place that handcrafts the cocktail are at Settebello in The Collection of Riverpark. Bonus, they’re only $5 during Happy Hour!
• Needless to say, I cannot get enough Ben Harper in my life. I’m beyond excited about his new album being released next month with The Innocent Criminals. Fast forward 6 more months and I’ll be seeing them live at the Santa Barbara Bowl!
• Lion lover? Animal Lover? Then you’ll love Zamba by Ralph Helfer. Long story short, he was an animal trainer in the movie industry & was disgusted by the abusive treatment these beautiful creatures received while trying to film a movie. After he was attacked by a lion who was simply tired of being whipped, he took matters into his own hands and revolutionized the animal training world by using positive reinforcement and love. His first animal he raised solely from a cub to grown adult was Zamba, an African Lion. The story is truly remarkable.
• I mean, does Liam Neeson need anymore explaining?
• It’s been 3 years since I picked up my first DSLR camera and it’s been attached to me ever since. Looking back at how my first pictures looked and what I know now, it truly shows the passion I’ve put into learning this craft. I have a long ways to go, but the instinct to learn is always present.
• Over 10 years straight I’ve been returning to Lake Tahoe every summer with my family. It’s truly a magical place nestled amongst mountains with the bluest water you’ve ever seen.
• Ask me what I want to eat and I’ll most likely tell you chili verde. I cannot believe I only got introduced to this mexican dish 5 months ago! Where has this deliciousness been all of my life. My favorite place is The Mex in Santa Barbara, it’s so good!
• Well this is a no-brainer, a house is not a home without Golden Retrievers!
• The inner child in me cannot give up gummy candy. Thankfully they try and make healthier versions now which makes me feel slightly less guilty.
• I was such a big Home Improvement fan and even wrote a letter to the show and received a signed JTT headshot. Yep, it’s true.
If that wasn’t enough, you can always look back at a post I did almost 3 years ago divulging 25 Random Facts About Myself that looking back on, are pretty funny. Crazy how quickly things can change!
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!