Labor Day weekend officially kicks off tomorrow and I’m sure we all have fun plans in the making whether it be out on the lake, camping, BBQ with friends or hitting up the beach! If you are in need of a delicious side dish that will be a crowd favorite, then I highly suggest whipping up this Jalapeño Pineapple Salsa that my dear friend in Houston, Erin, once shared with me and I cannot stop eating it. It’s one of those salsa dishes that you keep finding yourself scooping just a little bit more on your plate because you honestly can not get enough.
Now let me be clear, I’m not a spicy eater. I never ate a jalapeño until 5 years ago. The jalapeño that is in this recipe is simply to give it flavor, but it has ZERO spice. When you remove the inner membrane and seeds of a jalapeño, you remove the spicy part. Just keep that in mind when making this dish!
Jalapeño Pineapple Salsa
Recipe by: Erin Zaske
1 (14oz) can sliced pineapple in juice, drained and juices reserved -or- fresh pineapple
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 small jalapeño, seeds removed and diced (add more if you like it spicy)
1/3 of a medium size red onion, finely chopped
2 avocados, halved, pitted and cubed
2 tbsp minced cilantro leaves
salt and ground pepper, for taste
1. Cut pineapple into small bite size pieces
2. Cut avocado into small cubes
3. In a medium bowl, make the dressing by mixing 2 tablespoons of pineapple juice with lime juice, honey, oil and jalapeño. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Add pineapple and onion to the bowl
5. Gently fold in avocado and cilantro
6. Let the flavors marinate at least 15 minutes prior to serving
Hope you enjoy this recipe this recipe as much as I do & have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!
Keep Living a Stylized Life.