Name: Dexie Breed: Golden Retriever Age: 4 1/2 Weight: A Lady Never Tells!
My previous owners turned me into the Southern California Golden Retriever Rescue Group (SCGRR) in Mid-October of 2012. Unfortunately, they didn’t leave the volunteers with much information about “why” they didn’t want me anymore. They did at least tell them that I once had a litter of puppies about two years ago and that I should probably get spayed.
October 27, 2012 – the day I went home with my new “mom,” Kristin.
After of a few days of adjusting to my new life, I quickly learned that I love my daily walks, trips to the park or beach, my cozy beds, peanut butter flavored bones, and that my new owner really really loves me.
- Once caught a bird in the house (it quickly got away, but left lots of feathers behind!)
- Super messy when I drink water
- Not sure how much I like this concept called “fetch”
- People often comment on how large my paws are
- Really love playing tug-of-war with my stuffed animals
- They call me a “velcro golden” because I always want to be next to my owners side
- Sniffing every bush, tree, and lamp post is one of my favorite things to do. Maybe I have a little bloodhound in me ?!?!
- Love to go get the mail and then do “hot laps” in the front yard
*This is my owner, Kristin, and I at the beach in Montecito, CA
Thanks for “meeting” me and if you are looking to adopt a pet, I beg you to look at your local rescue organizations as there could be a loving dog like me just needing a new forever home.
For more information about the Southern California Golden Retriever Rescue (SCGRR), please visit www.scgrr.org.